ABOUT PARADYM ACADEMY
Work With Us
EMPOWER THE FUTURE
Hiring Immediately- ParaDYM Academy Coding Instructor at DiLoreto Middle School - Will Train!!! ($12/hour) through May, with the possibility of 3 weeks in the summer (July 20th through Aug 7th)
Part Time up to 10 hours per week. Must be available 2 to 3 weekdays (Monday , Tuesday and Thursday) from 2:30pm to 5:00pm and occasionally Saturdays from noon to 3:30pm.
Who are we?
ParaDYM Academy is where youth voice, art and activism combine. ParaDYM Academy provides hands-on STEAM programs that combine the arts, technology, and community engagement.
● Training – go through the curriculum and learn it alongside Lead Instructor
● Create a positive and safe environment in which students can grow
● Work with children to determine skill sets
● Provide feedback to parents after working with student who is on a tour
● Follow opening/closing duties daily
● Clean dojo and bathrooms throughout the day to ensure cleanliness is kept up to corporate standards
● Report weekly to Center Director on progress
● Report daily to Center Director with respect to day's activities, efficiency & productivity in dojo
● Working history with children ages 10 and up (babysitting, mentoring, coaching, tutoring, etc.)
● Experience working with the general public
Ability to pass a DCF background check
● Experience in teaching, mentoring or child care
● Works well with others; collaborates
● Knowledgeable about block coding in Scratch, coding and technology; or sharp enough to quickly pick up the basic concepts
● Must be fun to work with and like working in fast paced environments where requirements can change frequently
How to apply: Please send your resume, availability, and what excites you about this position to email@example.com.
Our philosophy is simple: play. produce. empower. We encourage student to explore STEAM fields through recreational activities; we have them work along side industry professionals to learn skills by producing media; and we empower youth voice through community engagement.
ParaDYM Academy evolved from a mobile classroom video production program in 2008. Since then ParaDYM Academy have partnered with Central Connecticut State University to bring STEAM education and programs to over 1000 students in Central Connecicut.